History

history_fordThe first generation of the ministry, was organized as the Highway Christian Church of Christ on November 14, 1954 at 20th & Stewart Streets under the leadership of its founder, at that time, Elder Andrew James Ford, Sr. While trying to get established, the church moved to several locations starting with 1746 N. 13th and Master Streets. While residing there for four years, the membership exceeded the seating capacity, and continued to their next location at 40th & Ogden Streets, but unfortunately a fire destroyed the building in less than a year’s time.

In the year of 1964, Elder Ford and his congregation moved to 4128 W. Girard Avenue, the Highway Christian Church of Christ reformation disbanned. There was a period of being independent, and after prayful consideration, Elder Ford joined fellowship with Bishop Raymond F. Davis and The Highway Church of Christ, Inc., Elder Ford remained faithful to ministry and ultimately was consecrated to the Bishopric and assigned Overseer of the State of Pennsylvania.

Bishop Ford’s vision continued to manifest and again the need to relocate was apparent. Fervently seeking God to direction, on January 29, 1986, the way made to secure a new place of worship, 4031-37 Germantown Avenue. Bishop and Mother Ford worked untiringly in Kingdom Building until God called them both home from labor to reward (1991 – Mother Ford) and shortly thereafter (1993 – Bishop Andrew James Ford, Sr.) The mantle was passed and the next generation of ministry would come into fruition.

church_buildingOn September 18, 1993 Minister Andrew James Ford, II was ordained Elder and installed Pastor. Shortly thereafter, the church was renamed to Ford Memorial Tabernacle. Continuing the legacy Elder Ford envisioned a new move of ministry for this end time and in 1999 Ford Memorial Temple was founded and established. The Lord has been faithful and continues to bless His people in the teachings and the preached Word of God through his manservant, and the focus of this ministry is to “Let The Healing Begin.” On March 25, 2000, Pastor Ford was consecrated to the office of the Bishopric and Presiding Prelate of the Next Generation Fellowship Ministries, Inc., an organized fellowship of churches to fulfill the mandate to lost souls.

“For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie, though it tarry, wait for it, because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” Habakkuk 2:3